Firstly I’d like to start off this post my saying that it is officially my 100th WordPress Blog Post!!!
Woohoo to me 🙂
I have been blogging for 10 months now, and hopefully with years of blogs to come!
This is something I love doing, writing about my life and the things that I am so truely fortunate to be able to experience.
It used to really annoy me that people would say, ‘Oh your so lucky’ (to be going to Canada or travelling etc) becuase for myself, I don’t see it as luck. It was all months and months of hard work, saving like crazy, having a goal and sticking to it.
My now that I am really in a place that only dreams are made of, I do pinch myself everyday at how lucky I am not to only be able to visit incredible places, but now living and working in one of the most beautiful UNESCO world heritage sites in the world.
I am lucky, I am lucky to have the access to great things in life. I am lucky to have wonderful and supportive friends here in Canada and back in Australia. I am lucky to have a healthy and happy and extremely supportive family. I am lucky to be healthy, positive and to have an outstanding job with a fabulous company.
I am fortunate, and everyday I appreciate and acknowledge this.
This is why everyday I try and make the most of my time, especially for the people who aren’t able to. I think that’s part of the reason I love blogging so much, to share my experiences with other people, to follow me on my journeys.
With that said and with summer coming up soon and there is still lots that I would like to achieve on my Canadian bucket list, I have decided to make my 100th blog post about my Canadian Bucket List!
So here goes-
What I have ticked off in the almost 6 months of being here in Canada 🇨🇦
- Horse and Sleigh Ride ✔️
- See the Ice Magic Ice Sculptures ✔️
- Find the Swiss Guide Sculpture at the front of the hotel ✔️
- Watch an ice hockey game ✔️ (not a professional one counts haha)
- Emerald Lake ✔️
- Try Ice Skating (So I failed miserably on Christmas Day, not going to completely ride it off yet though!) ✔️
- Ride up Sulfur Mountain on the Banff Gondola✔️
- Dog Sledding
- Car racing in Calgary
- Calgary Stampede
- Go snow showing
- See the Northern Lights
- Horse ride in Lake Louise
- Visit the Pacifim Rim in Vancouver
- Hike to The Plain of Six Glaciers Tea House
- Visit the Banff Hot Springs
- Visit the Columbian Ice Field
- Jasper National Park (so I technically have been there, but the visit wasn’t long enough, so it’s back on the to do list haha)
- Kootenay National Park
- Hike every single peak that I possibly can here in the Canadian Rockies during summer! There are too many to list here, so what ever I manage to achieve will be an accomplishment in itself 🙂
- Continue forming amazing friendships with amazing people and building an incredible career that I know is just right in front of me. Thank you Fairmont for giving your staff self empowerment and the encouragement like no where else in the world 😘
Happy 100th post to me 😊💜